Here are Lisa's top 10 picks:
1. Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division, Closer, 1980
2. Spellbound by Siouxsie and the Banshees, Juju, 1981
3. Love My Way by The Psychedelic Furs, Forever Now, 1982
4. She's In Parties by Bauhaus, Burning from the Inside, 1983
5. The Killing Moon by Echo and the Bunnymen, Ocean Rain, 1984
7. Broken English by Marianne Faithfull, Broken English, 1980
8. Ghost Town by The Specials, Ghost Town, 1981
9. Under the Milky Way by The Church, Starfish, 1988
10. Town Called Malice by The Jam, The Gift, 1982
If you'd like to share your top 10, message us on Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo: Lisa Sanger Credit: Andrea Marshall
Here, Lisa explains why alternative '80s music means so much to her.